Monday, April 13, 2009

Haute Couture <3

Recently, I have found myself relevating of good news. A part of me is detaching, a part that has hurt me to the extent of a broken facade.

I can't say that I'm the same person as I was before. I have changed in so many discrete ways that as a whole, I am someone new. Like an old car with the same old structure but with new parts. Or even like an old house repainted. It's just that I have to rebuild the facade that I have tried too hard to attain.

Sometimes, I wonder why I try so hard to keep it all up but it is definitely for the best. Another thing that I found very interesting is how people always look at the exterior then the interior.

We live in such a superficial world that depth has become something of the unknown. We all know it's fact. We analyze, critisize, and judge people's appearances. It has become an obsession of the media and has allowed a huge gap that is filled with people of low self esteem. Where do these people belong in such a world? What about those who do not fit the generic category of beauty?

I don't have peer pressure on the way I look, personally, I kind of accepted the fact that I'm not drop dead gorgeous. I have a mother who is trying to MOLD me into one of those plastic dolls. It's a sweet thought but that just means I'm giving in to society. I want to be different, unique but unfortunately that doesn't work. Being different is known as obscene and a disgrace to society.

The definition of beauty is tall, skinny, and having flawless skin but what is your own definition of beauty?
My definition of beauty has nothing to do with the outlook for it's just the frame of holding something beautiful that's inside. Beauty should be defined as something done out of the goodness of someone's heart.

But for now, let us enjoy designer clothes, make up, plastic surgery and stick skinny models :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home